WHO WE ARE
Enjoy LIVE THEATRE
Just minutes from home.
After all - how many re-runs can you watch?
The Redlands Theatre Festival, now in its 51st season,
Located in beautiful wooded Prospect Park
A spectacular panoramic view of Redlands, CA
Runs mid-June through end of July
The Redlands Theatre Festival upholds its reputation for excellence in performance, entertainment and location. Just two minutes from downtown Redlands, the RTF Theatre is located at the corner of Highland and Cajon in Prospect Park. The park is green and wooded with a spectacular panoramic view of Redlands. The half-timbered, open-air theatre is aesthetically pleasing as well as functionally superb. The theatre possesses outstanding staging facilities and remarkable acoustics. The fan-shaped audience area is raked for excellent viewing. No theatre patron sits further than 50 feet from the thrust stage.
The evening performances are held under the star-filled balmy nights of Southern California. The Redlands Theatre Festival offers a wide variety of exciting and interesting theatrical experiences. Each season is centered around five plays in repertory,
In keeping with a true repertory system, RTF features a different production each night. Its showcase of productions includes: a major Broadway musical, an Off-Broadway musical, a contemporary drama, a recent Broadway release and a period piece.
The season begins Mid-June and continues through the end of July. For maximum choice of performance dates, order your tickets early. The box office is open daily, Performances begin nightly at 8:30 p.m. Reserved tickets are only held until 8:00 p.m. Audiences are encouraged to arrive early and bring a picnic dinner to enjoy on the grassy knoll surrounding the theatre. The theatre is a short and pleasant stroll from the beautiful flower-filled botanical gardens. A stop at the "Spooning House" has been an enjoyable moment for many.
For those who would prefer, free trolley rides are provided after 7:00 p.m. The Fest-a-cab leaves from the entrance on Cajon to the box office at the top of the hill. RTF is conscious of the needs of the handicapped. For information regarding handicapped parking and seating, please call the box office. Regular audience parking is located along Cajon and Highland.
The Redlands Theatre Festival is truly a not-for-profit theatre company. It does not seek to generate income, rather to provide a cultured climate for not only its own community, but of the entire area. The Festival welcomes your support and sense of community.
OPEN CALL AUDITIONS: Redlands Theatre Festival 51st Season COMPANY.
To be part of Redlands Theatre Festival
- Time is TBDRedlands Theatre FestivalTime is TBDRedlands Theatre Festival, 1352 Prospect Dr, Redlands, CA 92373, USAIn the not-so-distant future, a terrible water shortage and 20-year drought has led to a government ban on private toilets and a proliferation of paid public toilets, owned and operated by a single megalomaniac company: the Urine Good Company. If the poor don’t obey the strict laws prohibiting free
- Time is TBDRedlands Theatre FestivalTime is TBDRedlands Theatre Festival, 1352 Prospect Dr, Redlands, CA 92373, USAA hilarious, exuberant celebration of love, HEAD OVER HEELS follows the escapades of a royal family on an outrageous journey to save their beloved kingdom from extinction—only to discover the key to their realm’s survival lies within each of their own hearts. By special arrangement with Broadway Lic
- Time is TBDRedlands Theatre FestivalTime is TBDRedlands Theatre Festival , 1352 Prospect Dr, Redlands, CA 92373, USAHaddon -- “All actors remain on stage unless prescribed otherwise. There is also a dead dog. With a fork in it. Scenes run into one another without interruption, regardless of alterations in space or time or chronology.” So begin the stage directions for The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-
- Time is TBDRedlands Theatre FestivalTime is TBDRedlands Theatre Festival, 1352 Prospect Dr, Redlands, CA 92373, USADrama critic Mortimer Brewster’s engagement announcement is upended when he discovers a corpse in his elderly aunts’ window seat. Mortimer rushes to tell Abby and Martha before they stumble upon the body themselves, only to learn that the two old women aren’t just aware of the dead man in their parl
- Time is TBDRedlands Theatre FestivalTime is TBDRedlands Theatre Festival, 1352 Prospect Dr, Redlands, CA 92373, USA“If you ever need my life, come take it.” So wrote Trigorin, lover of the fading actress Arkadina, in his most famous book. Nina, a young ingénue and the beloved muse of Arkadina’s playwright son, Konstantin, absorbs this statement completely. When the two actresses — one young, and one aging — and